Covering the Wrexham area (within a 25 mile radius), Forest School Villagers believes that children of all ages should experience the outdoor environment and Forest school ethos, having opportunity to discover, promoting learning and development in all areas (see below), also to balance out technology and screen time.
Holistic Development examples through forest school activities
• Physical- fine and gross motor skills, muscle development and exercise by digging, hunting, building dens and making dream catchers
• Intellectual- problem solving, selecting materials, thinking about how to construct their den.
• Language and communication- discussing in teams, learning new words within the environment, using body language.
• Emotional- sensing achievement by taking risks- toasting marshmallows, tools use, dealing with emotions by sharing equipment and looking out for each other,
• Social- team work, meeting new friends, having fun together, overcoming differences.